Friday, May 19, 2006

Well, after 20 minutes of flailing, screaming, pinching 2 year old, Henry is finally down for his nap. Kyle's class was having and end of the year picnic today at Amboy Park, so we went by to say hello. He dropped us off and took the car back to school so we wouldn't ahve to pick him up later. That was nice, but it left me with no car to drive Henry around in to get him to fall asleep. After coming home and watering the garde, he didn't really feel like laying down quietly in his bed and going to sleep. But he did, finally.

My fundraising auction started today with great early success. If I ended the auction right now we would have over $350 to give to this mama. I am so excited about that. I made one mistake that ended up making someone able to buy a really nice pendant for $1 (oops) but other than that, all is running very smoothly. Ask me about it when the auction is over and I am trying to coordinate shipping. That isn't going to be fun. I ahve threatened all of the people who donated items that if they don't ship when they say they will I will track them down, tie them up and force them to watch The Wiggles for hours on end. No really, I did. I'll do it, too. We did get an update, though. The mama who I am raising funds for had a radical hysterectomy yesterday morning and is recovering nicely. They won't know until next week if they got it or if she'll need chemo, but they are optimistic.

More good things: Kyle had his evaluation yesterday and the big head honcho guy loved him. He got the summer school gig! He'll be working this summer! WooHoo! And they also told him that there is a good chance he will be teaching Social Studies part time next year, which is cool. Now that we have that nailed down it will be a little easier to plan summer trips. Sometime in July we are going to make the drive to Ann Arbor. I think Henry and I will be somehow making the trip to CT and VT by our lonesomes. I can't wait to see the new VT diggs.

In other news:

The hippies won The Amazing Race! Yay!

They killed Marissa Cooper on The OC! Yay!

I thought that Lost, Alias, The Sopranos and Big Love and Top Chef all had season finales, but they are all next week. I will save my ranting until then.

For now? I will leave you with a picture. Possibly the cutest picture on Earth. In this picture, there is a clue to why it was so hard to put Henry down for a nap. Can you guess what it is?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home