Friday, September 16, 2005

This afternoon I finally bought our tickets to Dan Zanes! I am way too excited. Yes, yes, he is a kids' musician, but he used to be an indie rocker, so he's a kids' musician with street cred. He got Lou Reed to sing on one of his albums for Pete's sake. Lou Reed and kids' music seem like unmixy things, but it is not so. I also submitted our volunteer application for LEAF, so we can see our other favorite kids' musician Billy Jonas. Henry adores him so it should be way too much fun. I am crossing my fingers that I don't have to be volunteering during his set.

We leave for our grand camping excursion to Avery Creek tomorrow. The boys are going to have so much fun splashing around and hiking all day. Two little boys with all the room in the world to run and play, what could be finer? Hopefully I will still feel this way come Sunday morning when I am waking up from my 2 full ours of sleep on the ground with a toddler laying across my chest. We'll see how in tune with nature I feel then.

I just shipped out my last custom order on the list. I am now working on some black and pale pink pans for Breast Cancer Awareness Month (October). I am hoping to be able to get them finished and listed next week. Then I can start my hot pink pair, also for BCA Month. Then Halloween is closing in. I'd like to get at least one Halloween set up, maybe a pair of black pants with a tail and a matching hat with ears or something. Who knows if I'll have time. I am also supposed to be doing an Autumn collaboration with another SO mama.

Aye yay yay...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home