Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Wow, has life been boring around here or what?

Saturday Kyle made the 4 hour hike to Durham to watch AHS play in the state championships. They won. Yay. Except that meant I was home with the rowdy bean from 6am to 7am. As a sweet reward for my amazing patience and mothering, I went to see Narnia Sunday evening. It was so very good. It had the sensibility of a British film, but the budget of a Hollywood film, a perfect match. Apparently, though, it was an Australian film. The make up and effects were amazing and the child actors kicked booty. Unfortunately, some yahoo decided that it was an appropriate movie for a 3 year old and sat directly behind me. She didn't make a peep the whole time, but there was much chair kicking. I kind of felt like I was playing a video game with one of those fancypants vibrating joystick (do they still call them joysticks?) thingies. Oh, they call them controllers. Right.

Last night I ditched the boys and went to trivia at the pub. The past 5 weeks we had a 3 week winning streak followed by 2 disappointing 2nd place finishes. Last night there were so many of us that we split into 3 teams. We won. Woot! It's so nice to not have to pay the tab. About the same time we started winning, I went to a sock monster making workshop and then came straight to trivia, toting my newly made creature in my messenger bag. From that moment on he became our team mascot. He was named Alowishus. Alowishus is now a famous monster. The guy who asks the trivia questions on stage has taken a shine to Alowishus, always asking about his health and whatnot. I can see other regular teams plotting his demise. It is way too funny.

Did I put CD-RWs and DVD-Rs on Kyle's Xmas list? Damn, I think I forgot.

Henry is now obsessed with movies. Any movie will do, really. Whenever he sees the little case, he will jump up and down in delight and yell "Mooobie, MOOOOBie". Hee. It's pretty cute. He is able to sit through most movies now, too. We watched The Lion King 1.5 the other day, which had him singing his own little version of "Hakuna Matada" all day long. It was pretty cool. It was kind of like a Rosencrantz and Guildenstern thing, following the story of 2 sidekick characters through the regular Lion King story. Last night Kyle got him the first Lion King so we can watch that today. He saw Toy Story yesterday, but he wasn't that impressed. His favorite is still Madagascar. He even wanted to try on his wee little Madagascar underwear the other day. After Xmas we will be actively persuing a diaperless existance, so I am hoping his Madagascar love lasts enough for him to want to wear the underwear. Yeah, right.

Wow, we have nothing to do today that will take us out of the house. We have cleaning and knitting to do, but those things hardly make the time fly by. Hmmm... what fun things can I think up for the day?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey! Gimme a picture of this now famous Alowishus...you can't say things like "sock monster workshop" and not provide at least one pic!

5:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home