Sunday, May 28, 2006

My friend Liz just turned me onto the Mason Dixon Knitting blog. I want a cool knitting blog, dammit! It would be the most boring thing on the planet. "Here is a pair of pants I made. And here is a pair of pants. And lastly, ladies and gentleman, a beautiful pair of...shorts. Ha! Ha! You thought I was going to say "pants", didn't you?".

Henry is in the bath and there is a totally unforseen rain storm outside. One minute we are enjoying a steak and potatoes and corn on the cob dinner with cherry pie made from cherries picked from that very same tree in the backyard and the next minute, water is tumbling down over the gutters in great big sheets and we are running barefoot down the steps into the backyard to grab the hammock that we finished drying justthisminute currently getting soaking wet again. Craaaazy. I opened the back door and all of the windows to take advantage of the mosquitoes taking refuge from the rain in their little mosquito houses and air the place out. My house now smeels like rain. Yummy.

Little Henry is sitting on the floor naked, wrapped in a towel saying "I want to watch Blues Clues please. See, I asked so niiiiicely". Little does he know that Daddy is about to preform the weekly torture ritual we like to call "combing the hair out". I'm pretty sure this procedure is banned in the Geneva Convention, but henry doesn't know that. We brirbe him with Good n Plenty and that does the trick. Most times. With a Good n Plenty/Blues Clues combo, it should go fairly smoothly. WOuldn't it be easier if you combed it out every day, you might ask? No. No matter how frequently it is combed, new dreadlocks are formed in approximately 4.7 seconds. Oh no! Daddy has avoided Blues Clues by putting on America's Funniest Home Videos! I can hear him trying to distract the baby by saying "Look, Looko! This guy's going to get punched in the face!". Not good.

1 Comments:

Blogger Alwen said...

Hint for that fine baby hair (for use when dry):

Buy a brand-new "slicker brush" from the pet department, the kind with about a million little wires for bristles. No. Really.

It looks like it will hurt but it doesn't, and it works like a charm on fine hair.

(Should I admit that I use both a slicker brush and a pin brush, also from the pet department, on my own head?)

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home