Friday, May 12, 2006

Well, the first day of LEAF is finally here! I am going to pick up Kyle a little early from work and we are going to go straight there. Unfortunately, Henry and I ahve been up since 4:30 this morning. Fun! Our electricity went totally crazy this morning. Henry woke up at 4:30 and I went in to tell him to go back to sleep and went back to bed. About 5 minutes later I heard what sounded like someone bouncing a basketball a couple of times. It strtled me, but I didn't really think about it and kept trying to go back to sleep. Then Henry yelled for me again and I realised our power was out and he was scared because it was so dark (he normally has a night light). I went in and got into bed with him and he was wide awake so we spent the next hour and change talking about robots and going hiking, etc. Then the bouncing basketball noise started again, but this time I saw that it was the electricity. Every time the noise happened, the lights would go on and off. It freaked me out and I thought we were going to blow up, but finally the power just went off again. We got out of bed and went into the living room and about 15 minutes later the power came back on for good. It was just 6am. I am paranoid that something is wrong with our wiring or something and we are going to come home from LEAF to find ashes. It wasn't storming or even raining out, so weather wasn't a factor. I am waiting for a decent hour to call Adrienne and see if it happened upstairs, too.

I have no idea how we are going to make it through this day. Henry has been really testing boundaries and wearing my patience thin all week as it is. Now with no sleep I am going to be even less patient. And we have to get everything all packed up and ready to go for this weekend. And I am back in the hole knitting wise. I was caught up for a few glorious hours and then I got pounded again. I also volunteered to organize a fundraiser for a mama on my big mama board who just found out she has invasive ovarian cancer and has no insurance. I have about 10 other crafty mamas who are donating items and I'm going to have a big fundraising event on my Hyena Cart next week. I hope we raise a lot of money, she is pretty much the kindest and most helpful person you could ever meet. I know we aren't going to make the tiniest dent in her medical bills, but at least she'll know she's in our thoughts and maybe her family (she has a big family) can eat out while she's recovering or something.

I am still waiting on the letter from BCBS before we can submit our loan application. I think I am going to call them today and whine.

Okay. I will try to come back tonight and post some pictures of what I hope will be a wonderful opening day at LEAF. Henry will be so happy to be able to run wild.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had that EXACT same electrical problem...at least it sounds the same. Kinda crack pop noises with light flickers...then completely out....then back on..then out. Finally, they never came back on. Scared the crap out of me!

It was determined to be a "bad meter socket"...an electrician had to come out and fix it. It wasn't cheap but not crazy expensive either...oh, but your a renter! No worries.

Just a little preview into home ownership :-)

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home