Friday, June 09, 2006

The first part of our busy day went smashingly. We went to Bent Creek for a morning walk. After a litte inital hesitation, Henry did great. We talked about trees and root systems and we examined a crazy bug. Henry liked holding a stick for it to crawl on but was nonplussed when it made its way from the stick to his hand and onto his shirt. The mountain laurels have just finished their bloom so the ground is all covered with the flowers. It reminded me of home and the sticky laurel buds in the front yard. Henry is napping now and then we are going to an amazing lunch and Cars. There is this rib place called 12 Bones down in the River Arts District that has the best ribs I ahve ever had in my life. The problem is, they are only open Monday to Friday until 4pm. Weird hours, but they make it work. So we are taking advantage of Kyle's day off to go and get us some yummy ole ribs.

I'm tired. Henry woke up in a tizzy at about midnight and spent the rest of the night in our bed with me while Kyle slept under the big green leaf canopy in Henry's bed. I haven't slept with the bean in quite a while so at first I thought it might be nice to cuddle. Wel, he didn't want to cuddle as much as sleep completely horizontally across the bed leaving me about a foot to sleep in. He also woke up every half hour or so to give me a kick and make sure I was still there. Pth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home