Thursday, July 27, 2006

We're home! I miss my family already, but I must admit that it is nice to be home and know that we are here for a while. Henry must be happy to be back in his own bed, too, since he let me sleep until 8:45 (!!!) this morning. He woke me up by yelling through the bedroom door that he would like to play with "Mr. Tatohead pleeeeeaaaaase". He was none too happy when I announced the end of the diaper wearing and insisted that he didn't "liiiike" peeing in the potty, but he did hop down from the couch whilst mid Blue's Clues and go pee in the potty already this morning. He refused to give me our customary pee-in-the-potty-high-five, but I can live with that. Ms. Adella and Liz are going to come over to play in a bit and I am going to see if I can coerce the little man into a pair of his most adorable new boxer briefs to run around outside.

I got up this morning and went outside to check the garden. Suprizingly, it looks like someone watered it at least once in my absence. It still isn't looking super hot, but it isn't as bad as I expected. The pepper plant is dead as a doornail and the cucs look like they are on the way down, but most of the tomato plants are doing great and the squash and pumpkins are out of control. I picked a HUGE zucchini, a cuc and a tomato and added it to the 800 lbs. of produce that we got from the CSA this week. I think we had agreed that this was going to be our week to keep the whole thing since I was out of town and Kyle didn't really want to deal with it, but I am going to see if Liz will take some squash and cucs off our hands. We'll never be able to eat it all.

I am super excited to see Griff and Libs tomorrow afternoon. We still haven't decided where they are going to sleep. I refused to let Kyle give away Henry's bedroom since he has been sleeping in weird beds all month and I think he really needs to get back into a routine in his own space. They'll probably just sleep in the living room on the air mattress or something. I can't wait to see them. I have to say, they are two of my most favorite people ever. Speaking of my most favorite people ever:

BAMBI! Where's my list, woman? I'm getting nervous!

*ahem* Sorry.

Kyle's folks asked him to do a bunch of work on the Brevardish house next week so Kyle decided to take some of that money and go get tattooed tonight. I'm not thrilled about the spending of money, but he isn't taking a single penny (over my dead body) out of the bank and he has been wanting this tattoo since Henry was born, so I only gave him a hard time and sulked around for a couple of hours last night. I am glad that Henry gets some tattoo love like Quillan did. Eventually I will loosen my kung fu grip on our finances (if I ever feel comfortable with what we have in the bank-maybe after I've been working for a while) and get my Henry tattoo as well. We shall see.

Okay, I need to clean the toilet before Liz and Adella get here. I don't mind if the house is a mess, but I am always horrified when people come over to a less than clean toilet. Go figure.

Oh, and mama, if you are reading this, gimme a call. My email is malfunctioning and I can't get to your work # in there. No emergency or anything.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lady Nunn said...

You've been missed like crazy. :) I want some photos!!

12:21 PM  
Blogger liz said...

amy!
i forgot to take the squash home with me yesterday!
whoops.
oh well - thanks for the thought, anyway. i guess my arms were so full of sippy cups and knitting bags and other goodies, i just felt complete enough with out the veggies.
you should grill them and feed them to your guests this weekend!

see you soon!
liz

p.s. i just BO the last stitch of the cardigan! yippee!!

7:57 AM  
Blogger jaylam19 said...

Fredward misses you guys already! Great too see you and the bean!

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home