Monday, January 23, 2006

Kyle got his W2 today! And...wait for it...did our taxes already! Holy crap, I can't believe it! I didn't have to nag him for 2 months and then rush out in the middle of a downpou at 11:58 to get them to the post office before the deadline. He filed online from work. Woot! Since I didn't work at all this year, it looks like we are going to get a little chunk back, which is nice. It will at least cover my GRE fees, lol.

Speaking of the GRE, I have been diligently studying vocabulary. Actually, I found this website that has a random GRE vocab generator (http://www.manythings.org/fq/m/2991.html for all of you uber dorks) with 12 words on one side and 12 definitions on the other. You have to click and drag the definition over the the correct word. When you're done, it'll spit out another 12. I have been doing it word by word from top to bottom so that I can't use the process of elimination (because I won't be able to do that on the actual exam). I have done about 1,500 words. Yeah, I'm a little obsessed. The good news is that I am steadily scoring about a 94-97% correct. The bad news is that this means it's time to move on to math in earnest. Bah. I have made all my flashcards for the Geometry section and I think I have a pretty good handle on it, but algebra is looming over my head. I know I am supposed to know this stuff already, but the brain space formerly occupied by simple algebraic equations has been vacated to make room for dozens of Wiggles' lyrics.

Tomorrow morning Henry goes to co-op, so I have 3 blissful hours to myself. I ahve been knitting like a fiend lately, so I think I am going tot ake a little break from it and go to the bookstore and study with a super grande mocha. Yay for caffiene!

Erica has decided to audition for The Rebelles (http://www.therebelles.com/index2.html), our local burlesque troupe. Last night was spent trying to find the perfect music for her audition. After rejecting: Pop Life, Hungry Like the Wolf, Pusherman, Gimme Some, Some Kinda Love, and Brother Love's Travelling Salvation Show (???Kyle's idea) I think she has settled on a Spoon song. I wish I could go watch. If they don't take her, they're crazy.

Okay, okay, I just want to be able to tell Henry he used to be babysat by a burlesque dancer...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home