Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Day. From. Hell.

It started out normal enough. We woke up, hit the bakery, stopped at Target for some much needed garbage bags and headed off to Liz's house for another blissful week watching the kids at co-op. I had two in a row this time around because I waited until the last possible minute to sign up. Henry was kind of crabby, but I chalked it up to me hustling him out of the house at 7:40am. The kids at co-op were little manics all morning. They couldn't manage to share the toys, they pushed and threw stuff-they just couldn't get it together, my little monster included. It was a long 3 hours. The highlight was the arts and crafts project that I planned. I brought over white coffee filters, we let the kids color them with markers and then we pinned them to their backs like fairy wings. I wasn't sure how it was going to go over but the kids loved it. And it was too cute watching them flit around like little fairies. Until they started the snatchy grabby again anyway. Needless to say, I was happy when all the mamas came to collect the little darlings. It was so nice sitting on the porch chatting with Liz and Beth after all of the other kids were gone that I didn't get Henry into the car until after 1:30. I figured that he'd fall right to sleep. Which he did...right up until I put him in his bed. The next 2 hours were spent trying to force, cajole and/or bribe Henry to take a nap. Ummm...no. I wouldn't ahve pushed the issue too much, but we had a haircut appointment at 6 and I knew that I was going to have to tackle that mess of dreaded up hair in the back of his head. That is a bad enough job with a well fed, well rested Henry never mind a cranky tired one. But I snuch up behind him while he was snacking on a fruit leather and watching Chicken Little and I did it. It wasn't pretty, but it got done. We went to Melisa and McKai's house and they plyed for a while while Melissa and I caught up and I checked out her kick ass garden she has going back there. Then Melissa took what seemed like 12 pounds of hair off of the little man's head. He is going to be SO much happier and cooler in the heat with the shorter hair, but he still has enough length for the curls to boing back. I am loving it. I took pictures (scroll down) but he was not into posing for a nice "after" shot.

Now I have just spent another hour wrestling Henry down to sleep. I tried every trick in the book to no avail. Finally he just couldn't fight it anymore and conked out. *phew* Here's hoping he sleeps late. Yeah right.

Kyle is on the phone with our old friend Patrick from MI. I guess 'tis the season for tracking down old friends or something. It looks like we are adding one more stop on our Midwest World Tour and stopping at his place in Ludington for the night. Yeah, it's about 3 hours out of the way, but it will be worth it. Little Isiah, who got little 4 year old Dorito handprints all over my wedding dress, is almost 10!!!! It will be so nice to see them.

Nope, we still haven't heard anything about the loan. I have pretty much convinced myself it's a no, so every day that we don't get a call is one more day of just putting off the inevitable. Last night I had a dream that they turned us down because we only had $700 in the bank. In the middle of the night, I somehow couldn't make myself believe that the dream was wrong and that our balance was actually higher than that in real life. It was silly, but it kept me up for a while.

Okay. It's time for me to get my butt back to work on the 3rd pair of monkey pants in the past 7 days. And after this I still have 2 more to go. Damn monkey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home