Tuesday, April 11, 2006

A quick update while Henry is still at the babysitting co-op.

Today has been another productive day and it's only 10:30! Go me! Henry and I dropped the boys off at work at 7:30 and then went up to Target to kill an hour before co-op. We returned 2 pairs of Henry shoes: a pair of watershoes for FL, size 7, too small and a pair of sandals, also size 7, too big. Huh? We got a new pair of sandals, size 7, just right. Unfortunately, Henry would rather tread across an ocean of broken glass barefoot than let me put the on him. He insists that his "brown shoes" are his one true love. That would be fine, but they don't breathe very well, so in hot weather with socks on, his little feet are going to fry. Without socks, his feet smell like a 13 year old's. Ew. So he NEEDS sandals. I am hoping that once he feels how nice and airy they are, he will grow to love them, too. I tried on pants, but I don't want to talk about it. Then we dropped off 3 big bags of crap that have been plagueing our closet for a year at Goodwill. From there, we went to Fyffe's house to drop the bean off for 3 loverly hours of freedom. I ran home to get directions to MHO and answer 73,000 emails about the monkey set that everyone loves and wants to know more about, but nobody is buying. I had juuuust enough time to swing by the bakery for a mocha and muffin (my weekly co-op indulgence) before the MHO appointment, which deserves its own paragraph.

It was so nice to sit down with someone who knows what they are talking about!!! She had my application in front of her with an official looking stamp on it. We are officially on "the list"! They are building 7 houses in West Asheville in the fall, and we should be able to get into one of them. I have to get her copies of Kyle's paystubs and a form signed to give AHS the ability to confirm his employment there. Then we have to make an appointment with a bank and finagle approval for 100-110k at under 6.8%. After that happens, we get to sit down and look at floorplans! She said we could probably get into a 3 bedroom with a payment that we could afford. It will be more than we pay now, but we will only have to put $1k down, so we will have a cushion to help us stay afloat until I start working again, which won't be long after we move in. Yay! I hate to get my hopes up again, but it seems like this time it might really work out. They seem to have a definite process, so if everything goes accoring to plan, we should be golden. We shall see.

Okay. I have to hit the yarn store and get gas before I go get Henry. I have some pictures to post later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home