Friday, August 11, 2006

Oh, I'm so glad you could join me for our daily installment of "Stories About Poop and Pee". I know you look forward to it as much as I do.

This morning we dropped Kyle off at school so he could get his room in order. I guess it is a disaster in there. He is even going in for a few hours tomorrow. You know it has to be bad if Kyle is going into work on a Saturday. Anyway, after a brief stop at teh drive through coffee house for a huge red eye, we went to hang out with Adella and Liz and test our friendship some more by letting Henry loose in the house in undies. The poor kid. Every 5 minutes or so he would run in and tell me he had to pee, then we'd go to the potty and he wouldn't be abel to go. He said he wanted to go back at Henry's house, then he said he couldn't pee anymore, and by the 7th or 8th time, he started yelling at his poor little penis "GO! GO! GO!". No dice. Finally, the one time I didn't jump up and run into the bathroom (of course) he leaned right over with his undies still on and peed through them into the toilet until I got in there to help him out. Luckily, I had a change of clothes, and we decided to spend the rest of the morning outside where Henry managed to pee in the grass a few times without getting himself all wet. He really didn't want to put a diaper on for the car ride home, and his carseat still smelled like yogurt ick, so I didn't fight it and let him keep him undies on even though I was afraid he was going to fall asleep and pee everywhere. He did fall asleep, and we were afraid of waking him up, so we let him nap in his undies. Lo and behold, the tiny man woke up dry as a bone! WooHoo!

Tomorrow Ms. Adella is coming over to hang out with us for a while and I am hoping the kids distract each other enough that I can finish up some shorts I'm working on. Then 2 pairs of longies (Oakland Raiders and a Swedish flag) and I am caught up. I think after that I am going to close up ship for a few weeks while we all get settled into our new routines and I can finishe up indexing the book. I also want to work on some stuff for the Fall, and a local woman who is opening a boutique asked me if she could stock a few things. Busy busy.

There hasn't been any news on the house front, which is a little disheartening. You'd think that if they had good news they'd return my calls, yes? I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Okay, it's past my bedtime. Night night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home