Sunday, August 13, 2006

Okay. It's official. I am freaking. the fuck. out. There is really no other way to put it. All of the stress of the big changes coming up has finally alit on my shoulders. And I just want to curl up in a blankie and knit some socks and watch bad tv and ignore all of the things I have to do. So, as I am nothing if not my mother's daughter, list making must commence.

1. Henry is getting ready to go to school. This means I have to:

Make an appointment with the teacher to meet her and check out the facilities.
Set up his part time schedule until he gets settled.
Fill out all of the paperwork that Kyle keeps forgetting to bring home, which might mean I need to get copies of immunizations, etc.
Buy him a new backpack.
Cry my eyes out because he is getting so damn big.
It also means that I need to...

2. Get a job. This means I have to:

Get some decent interview/work clothes.
Do a little pavement pounding.
Which brings us to...

3. Start taking classes. This means I have to:

Start studying for and eventually take the GRE.
Find out if I can lateral entry my way into the program, and if not, apply for the MAT program instead to get my basic Masters of Education and English before doing the Aster of Arts in Education for Reading.
Find 3 people to write me letters of rec.
Research and apply for financial aid.

4. Try to get into a house. This entails:

Trying to get the MHO woman to call me back.
Submitting any other needed paperwork.
Begging Progress to put Kyle's name on the bills. And if that can't happen:
Start the loan application process over with Self Help. Fun!

5. Wee Trade is coming up next week. This means I have to:

Sort and tag every item I want to sell.
Drop everything off at the Ag Center on Tuesday.
Go shopping for Henry's Fall/Winter wardrobe on Friday.
Go back for 1/2 off day Sunday.

6. I decided I am going to close the biz for a month or so while I get all of this other stuff squared away. This means I need to:

Finish all current orders.
Ship said orders.
Post a notice on the site (Hey Kirstin-help???).
Post a notice on my Hyena Cart store.
Do some in stock for Fall.
Do my Halloween longies.
Oh, and I need to re-order business cards as I am almost out.

7. I also still haven't finished indexing the book. So...

Get remaining index from Bam (should be in tonight).
Finish last part of first index.
Go through and recheck everything.
Reformat and alphabetize everything.
Enter everything into a Word Doc.
Email it off.

I also have some stuff I should sell online and some other random things to mail out to people. And I want to knit some little things for my own family. GASP! What a concept. I am already thinking about Christmas, since I know I am going to be super busy with work knitting by then.

I guess if you think you might want to talk to me sometime in the next coupld of months you should go ahead and make your appointment now. K?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home