Thursday, February 23, 2006

We just experienced a major potty catastrophy.

We had to wake Henry up to put him in the car to drive Kyle to work this morning, so I didn't ahve a chance to change him beforehand. He wasn't very wet, so it didn't seem like a big deal. After we dropped them off, I stopped at the dry cleaners to pick up some wire hangers (for the big sale I'm participating in tomorrow, everything has to be on wire hangers) and then thought it would be fun to get a coffee and a bagel at the local bakery and let Henry play with all of their cool toys for a bit. We styed for about a half hour and then headed home. I let him walk in front of me in the door, and as he waslked, a large dark spot began spreading across his bottom. His diaper had thrown in the towel. When I took it off of him, it weighed about 25lbs. BAD mama! SO...I thought I'd let him run around naked for a bit to dry off. Since we have read the pooty book 8 million times, I thought he'd let me know if he had to go. Um...no. Sorry mom, this might turn J and K off having kids forever...

I saw him standing kind of still, so I asked him if he wanted to go to the potty. He said no. I was going to pick him up and take him anyway, when he widened his stance and just let a big ole poop fly ointo the carpet. It was solid, so I went to grab him and put him on the potty to finish up, so I could cheer and be happy for him for going in the potty. As I picked him up, I instinctively put one hand over his bottom in case another poop came out. Yeah. It wasn't so much "a" poop as it was "some" poop. And when we got to the potty I remembered that his potty seat was in the other room because he had worn it around the hosue as a hat the night before. So. There I am. One hand full of poop, the other hand trying to hold Henry on the big potty so he doens't fall in, with no way of making the situation progress. I had to hold him there and stretch over to the sink and turn it on with my wrist to wash the poop off. I then wiped Henry's bottom and let him get down, not noticing that I hadn't caught all of the poop and it was all down his legs and my pants and the toilet. Awesome! I had to put him in the tub to clean him and the bathroom up before getting the poop off of the carpet, which wasn't as solid as I had thought. As I was on my hands and knees scrubbing the poop out of the carpet, I hear a tiny little "uh oh" from behind me and turn to see Henry peeing on the carpet outside of the bathroom door. Jeez louise, he was JUST sitting on the potty! But no, he waited until he was back on the carpet to pee. So I stopped what I was doing, sprayed everything with carpet cleaner and put a diaper on that leaky little bottom end. I am taking note of the time so I can plop him down on the potty for a good long time tomorrow and hope for better results.

Now we have to get ready (I need to sanitize my whole body and change my clothes) to go to the baby gymnastics class we somehow got talked into. Then come home and finish painting the bed and getting everything ready for this sale. And stocking my store and finishing these shorts I'm working on. And sending out some packages. And they lived happily ever after...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home