Friday, February 24, 2006

Yesterday henry and I ventured out to a class called MIghty Mites. It is held at a local gym-gym like gymnastics, not gym like nautilus machines. Oh. My. Gah. We had such a good time. They had a huge obstacle course set up with all sorts of things to climb on and jump in, on or over. They had 2 big trampolines (flush to the floor, so not falling danger) and a huge pit full of foam cubes. Henry was scared to jump on on his own, but he loved it when I held his hand and we jumped in together. He had way too much fun. I liked it because they set up the course, but they encouraged the kids to all start in different places so it wasn't a competition. Most of the kids just ran around willy nilly like a bunch of little maniacs and that was fine, too. As we were trying to get the kids together to go, a little gymnastics class started. The kids were probably 3-4. Henry pulled up a mat and joined them! I was going to pull him out, but he followed all of her instructions (and she didn't seem to mind him being there, she asked his name and said hi), so I just hung back to see what would happen. After about 5 minutes or so he saw me and came over to join our group, but I was impressed with how well he was following her directions. He did cat and cow poses with her, child's pose and then rolled over onto his back and made a fereble attempt at a bridge. I think the bridge is what made him happy to come back to us, it was a bit beyond him.

After we picked up Kyle, he told me that a fellow teacher had clued him in to a big 75% sale going on at Target so, even though I had a bunch of work to do on the sale stuff before dropping it off at 7, we went up there. They are apparently closing out their "World Market" line, so all off that stuff was on sale. It was pretty picked through by the time we got there, but we still scored. We bought a queen sized green Chinese quilt, a hand quilted Portugese throw (so pretty, like a clay color) and a Japanese vase. It should have been $160 or so and we paid just over $40. WooHoo! Now we can throw out some of those nasty old blankets we have.

After that we raced home so I could frantically load up the car with Henry's crib and bedding, old clothes and some toys he doesn't play with anymore-all meticulously tagged-and race off to the drop off point. It was crazy. This sale, called Wee Trade, is held in the Ag Center. Like where they have rodeos. It is HUGE, like a stadium. The whole floor was filled with baby/kid gear. I was shocked and awed. It took me a little over an hour to check in and have my items inspected to see if they were worthy of the sale. I only had 2 rejects-aparently cords are Fall, not Spring. Tonight is the pre-sale, so I'll be there with bells on looking for good deals for Henry. The volunteers get first pick at 5 and then sellers get to go at 6. It is all very formal and scary. I've heard tell of women being elbowed down and then trampled trying to get to the last Wiggles guitar or Hannah Anderson sleeper. All we need are some warm weather clothes.

I came home to a perfectly assembled, brand new, big boy bed in Henry's room! Unfortunately, I hadn't had time to get a mattress yet, so he had his last night on the futon last night. I am on a mission this morning to find him a mattress and the cutest beddng ever for tonight. This whole bed thign has awakened the urge for him to have a super cute room. I am going to the fabric store today as well to get some fabric to make him new curtains, and I'm going to put up his vintage animal cards this afternoon. I can't wait until it's all done! I also want one of those big leaves from IKEA. I still can't figure out how to insert pictures, so you'lll have to take my word how cool it is. I might try to finagle my way into IKEA when we are visiting the folks and bring home some booty for the bean's new room. Okay, I really shouldn't have just gone to that website. Dangerous, my darlings, dangerous.

Today's To Do List:
Buy mattress
Buy cute sheets
Buy fabric for drapes
Make drapes
Finish rainforest shorts
Take pictures of new stock
Update store
Mail packages
Laundrylaundrylaundry
lunch with Kyle's kids
Wee Trade tonight
get house cleaned for Bam and Kevin's visit tomorrow!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lady Nunn said...

We've got a place here that does that gymnastic thing as well - I thought it was SO HARD getting out of that foam pit!! :D

And I totally sympathize with Cute girl stuff V no cute boy stuff. :( I ended up getting mine online for way more than I wanted to spend, all in the name of cuteness. :/

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home