Monday, June 26, 2006

Ahhh, I have precious minutes between when Kyle left for class and when Henry wakes up from his nap. Yay!

I actually left Kyle to wrangle the bean down to sleep so I could pop out to Melissa's and get a summer cut. Seeing henry with a cool new 'do made me want to go short again. Usually I just get the same old thing, just a tad shorter, but I went for something a little different this time. I wanted it to have a little funk, like it used to, so I went for a short, asymmetrical number.

[IMG]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c125/crankymama/DSCN08431.jpg[/IMG]

We'll see if that picture insert works. If not, I'll post a picture later. The back is super short, like all the way up to the nape of my neck. It feels good to have a summer cut, even if it has been raining for the past 3 days with no hint of hot summer weather anywhere around. The heat and humidity will be back with a vengence soon enough. Ahhh, summer in a temperate rainforest...

We had playgroup this morning at poor Liz's poor house. I don't know what it is about this age, but they just seem like little manimals, leaving a path of destruction in their wake. We picked up on our way out, but I fear that Adella's room may never be the same again. I pretty much just dropped Henry off at home and headed back out for my haircut. As I was running out the door, Kyle was in there trying to get him to sleep and he was screaming for Mommy. Did I feel bad? Maybe just a tiny bit-as I hauled ass out of there. Now Kyle is gone and Henry and I ahve the evening to ourselves. What shall we do?

In spite of the rain (which has thankfully slowed to a light drizzle)we have to walk down to the co-op to pick up our veggies for the week. If it was still raining hard I think I'd make the call and torment Liz further by making her drive all the way across town to get them, but it isn't too bad out. And frankly, I need something to entertain the bean for part of the night or we'll both go mad. Cross your fingers that we don't get stuck halfway in a flash flood.

Another of Henry's little friends has left the world of diapers behind. Noah is officially in undies. He doesn't seem thrilled with it, but he's doing it. We are starting right when we get home from Ann Arbor. One pack of "feel and learn" dipes and then Henry is undies man. I am hoping to build up a bigger undies stash before then, as I am quite certain we will be going through them at breakneck speeds. I am still on the hunt for Diego or boys' Dora undies. I will be scouring the stores tomorrow when Henry is at co-op. What else do I have to do during that blissful 3 hours? I'm not sure. I feel like I should be preparing for out pilgrimage up North in some way, but I'm not quite sure how.

I need to scrounge up some dinner for tiny man before he wakes up. I don't want to grocery shop right before we go out of town, so the pickins are getting kind of slim. I think we have some pasta around here somewhere...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home