Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Yestrerday was a blank slate, so we did the same thing we do every time we have a long expanse of day stretched out before us with nary a playdate in sight. We went to Target. I was pretty good and onlt bought things we needed. Oh, except for that little giraffe change purse that Henry HAD to have. But it was only a dollar so it doesn't count. Why does Henry need a little giraffe change purse? You'll have to ask him. I also officially succumbed to the pressure to assign gender roles to my child yesterday. We went looking for boots so that Henry can play in the snow when we go up north tomorrow. Of course they had 76 styles of toddler girl boots and one lonely little toddler boy pair. In size 5, 2 sizes too small for the bean. A pair of bright purple princess boots caught the little man's eye and he asked for purple boots. I didn't get them. Because they were purple. And he is a boy. Ugh. I suck.

After Target we went to Barnes and Noble and had a serious exercise in patience as we navigated the badly designed, overcrowded parking lot. It was worth it, though, because once we got inside we found a suprise. A brand spanking new train table. With a new toy and no Noah to throw things at, Henry played nicely with the trains for about a half an hour and I just sat and chilled out and watched him. It was nice. I should have brought the puzzle book that Suzy got me for Xmas. I am already addicted to those puzzles.

It looks like Green Greenie (aka frisbee...um...a black frisbee, I'm not sure why Henry calls it Green) is going to have to come with us to CT. Henry called out for it while I was tucking him in last night like he couldn't bear a night without his cuddly...frisbee.

Tonight is going to be a mad dash of packing and cleaning and sorting presents. And the girls are having a big fat Solstice party tongiht as well. Happy Solstice! Hooray for the return of the Sun! Jess and Noah got back last night so we are going to play with them before nap, take a short nap because we have to pick up Kyle and Fletcher early, hopefully persuade Melissa to do a last minute trimming of the bean's raggedy mop and then come home and get ready to fly away home. We ahve a 3.5 hour layover in Cinncinati. Yuck. On the way back, though, we only have a 30 minute layover, which makes me a little nervous. Ah well. We shall see.

Oh, and Kelly from the affordable housing place called. I told her about Duece Duece and she said they were trying really hard to clean up the neighborhood, but it probably wouldn't be suitable for a family for another year. I told her I was bummed that I was going to have to try to get another appointment with the builder again and she told me that SHE would talk to the builder and get me a timeline on something in a "family" neighborhood, so that's cool. I am going to call the other folks today and see if I can wrestle a timeline out of them as well. Oh house, you will be mine.

Oh, and Jessie is pregnant. Yay Jessie! Now I can live pregnancy and infancy vicariously through her and not have to get up every 2 hours to nurse whilst doing it! Wahoo!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lady Nunn said...

Wishing you minimal-stress travel and a great holiday. :) Love you!

5:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home