Monday, April 24, 2006

Ahhhhhhh crap. I just got a knock on the door. I opened it up expecting to see the Postal person with my loverly box of shirts I am expecting. Instead it was my incredibly sweet, but incredibly Baptist neighbor inviting us to a "hot dog supper" tomorrow night. I froze up. I told her that I'd have to check with Kyle first and that I'd call her later. The neighborly thing to do would be to go and be pleasant. I am just terrified that either she will try to get us to talk religion the whole time (which has been her pattern) or even worse, there will be other people there as well, all of whom want us to go to their church. I really don't think I could handle that. It would be weird and awkward anyway, since she is an old, conservative, Southern woman and we just don't have that much to talk about. Throw in the religious angle and it could be just unbearable. But she is just the nicest person you could meet and I don't want to hurt her feelings, either. Bah!

In other news, we have an appointment with a loan officer on Wednesday at 4 to discuss our options. Wish us luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home