Sunday, April 23, 2006

Ahhhhhhhhhhh...we're home.

As nice as it was to spend a week floating around in a huge house in the Gulf of Mexico, I have to say that I am thrilled to be home. We came home to a ton of blooming trees and flowers and lots of Spring activity in the neighborhood. The sisters tilled a few more rows for the garden, and I heard a rumor that planting starts next weekend. I can't wait.

Unfortunately, we also came home to an ungodly stench in the bedroom. I know this smell, still fresh in my mind after all of these years. I haven't smelled it since I was a youngin' arriving for a ski weekend at the Vermont house. Something dead. In the wall. It is so gross. It seems to be in the wall between our apartment and the crawl space...yup...right behind our bed. Awesome. What balances the smell out is that, while we were gone, Adrienne broke in and steam cleaned all of our carpets. It was such a nice thing to do. Those carpets were driving Kyle crazy. It looks so nice in here now.

We didn't spend much time inside today since it was so nice outside and Adrienne and Erica were outside working on the yard all day. We walked to the bakery first thing in the morning and got muffins and huge cups of coffee to wake our tired asses up. Then we putzed around in the yard, watching Adrienne pull weeds and things.

Oh, this is interesting. At 3:30 we got our picture taken by a photographer from a local magazine WNC Parent. They are doing an article on families who have sacrificed financially so that one parent can stay home with the child. They did a little interview and took pictures of us all playing outside. It was fun! The issue comes out next week, and hopefully we can get a few good pictures out of it.

OH! We just watched America's Funniest Home Videos and the winner was from Vernon, CT. How odd. It was actually a funny one, too. I didn't recognize the couple, even though Kyle seemed to think I should.

Tomorrow is my morning to host our knitting group. I think we might have a screening of the potty movie. We have decided that potty training has officially started. Henry sat on the potty for a while tonight, a good start.

And that is all of the breaking news from Asheville. Florida pictures to follow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home