Friday, October 27, 2006

OKay! Finally I can update! I sat down to do it last night and Blogger was down. Pth.

Lots of things have been happening around here making it hard to find time to write it all down. My folks came into town this past weekend and we went to the LEAF festival, which was way too much fun. Henry and I LOVED Billy Jonas!!! We even got to go and get his "Bang a Bucket" shirt signed after the second show. Okay. Thats sucks. The picture upload function isn't working for me right now. No fair!

Picture Billy Jonas signing Henry's shirt here.

My dad and Kyle had fun there, too, but really loved Ritchie Havens, who played on Saturday night while my mom and I tried to keep henry warm inside Eden Hall. It was pretty chilly out. Ot maybe we are just big wimps. Either way, we had a blast.

Work has been absolutely crazy. Knitting work, I mean. I just got caught up, but now I am comepletely buried again. I just made a run to the yarn store and bought an obscene amount of yarn on sale. Go me!

Today at work I tattled on a teacher to the vice principal. I know. I am not going to be the most popular girl in school. One of the teachers whose class I work with is super duper religious guy. He got his doctorate at Bob Jones University. Anyway, today while we were in reading groups I could hear him reading to the kids about the Crucifixion and how Jesus died for our sins. He went on to talk about how when we die we close our eyes and stop breathing, but if we believe that Jesus dies for our sins, we'll go to Heaven. WTF??? I was so irritated. I like the guy as a person, but I thought that was completely inappropriate. I went back and forth about saying something directly to him, but even if I wanted to (which I didn't) I don't have an opportunity to talk to him without kids around. So I went to the VP and just told her that I thought she should know because as a parent I would be LIVID if Henry came home and told me his teacher was teaching them that stuff. Maybe I justs till have my panties in a twist because Henry says grace at school, but I really felt like I had to say something. She said that she knows there is a fine line between teaching religion and teachign ABOUT religion and that the upcoming holidays were a prefect time to remind people to stay behind that line at school. *sigh* I think I am destined to be the annoying person that seems to stir the pot. That isn't my intention at all, I just feel the need to represent the other side. On a funnier but just as disturbing note...a kid in line today told me he was going to show me a picture of him mom that he kept in his wallet. I was like "Oh, how nice you have a picture of your mom". Until I saw it. It was a picture of his mom in a nighty kind of thing with a big ole slit up the side posed seductively on a rock. It looksed like a business card for her "modelling" services. He then told me she had 3 websites. This other kid was like "Dude, that's your mom? You are so lucky". Ummmm........I don't think so.

Not too much else is really going on here. I am just knitting and working. We tried to watch Monster House last night but fell asleep. Both of us. By 9:30. So as you can see, lots of unexciting things are happening. I will try to be better about updating. Pinky swear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home