Monday, September 25, 2006

Hey there!

Well, it seems like a lot of things and nothing has been happening around here at the same time.

After months and months of jumping through hoops, we ended up making $900/year too much to qualify for the house. Yup, if Julie had done what she told me she was going to do, we'd be in. But she didn't. So we're not. I wallowed and moped for a while and now I'm kind of over it. I am still looking forward to the dy when we can move the hell out of this teensy little place, but I'm trying not to fixate on it too much. Something will come up. Right? RIGHT?

Now that we don't ahve to worry about income qualifications, I am feeling the pressure to get off my booty and get a job. Tomorrow morning I have an appointment to register with a temping agency. They said it would take about 3 hours. I know ther is atyping test and whatnot but 3 hours??? I am wondering what kind of a ringer I am going to be put through. Since I haven't had to do any real typing or computer work in the past...oh...4 years or so, I am a little worried. I have some serious rust to shake off. And dust, too, since I'll have to break out the old office attire that has been sitting in the back of the closet since I got pregnant and try to find something that still fits me. Wish me luck on that one!

Yesterday Henry and I spent the afternoon baking cookies. He wanted "robot cookies". I think we missed 'robot' and landed firmly on 'very scary monster'.



He didn't seem to mind, though.

Speaking of robots, it is just about time for me to start working on Henry's Halloween costume. He has declared that he needs to be a 'chicken robot' this year. I am going back and forth between using a box wrapped in tin foil and some dryer vent to make a really sparkly but awkward robot costume, or going the ghetto but comfy route and ironing on some pictures of dials and control panels onto a grey t shirt and calling it a day. I just can't see him going through a whole day at school wearing a box. It might be tricky on the slide.

My Hyena Cart stocked this morning. It was a slow start but it is picking up a little bit. To the point where I'm not embarrassed, at least.

Last night I managed to get sucked into a fight on my big mama posting board about public vs. homeschooling. What a waste of time. I managed to hold my tongue until someone said that mothers who like sending their kids off to school so they can have time without the kids are selfish and that most great thinkers weren't public schooled. My well documented lack of ability to follow that old 'if you have nothing nice to say...' rule came into play after that. At least now she knows that those of us who were subjected to the 'factory education' public school provides are still capable of using big words.

And now to prove my vast intelligence...Fall premiere season is upon us! Finally! We have been awash in a sea of television! I think that my favorite new show so far is "Shark" with James Woods. I love me some James Woods. I'm kind of a sucker for law shows, too, so that works out nicely. I gave 'Justice' a chance because I love Victor Garber, but I'm not sure it will make it into my regular viewing schedule. Jack from Dawson's Creek as a high powered attorney is not altogether believable. 'The Wire' has not let me down in this new season, and I just heard the good news that they have decided to go ahead with Season 5 as well. I won't talk about actual plot points because I'm not sure if my mama is all caught up and I wouldn't want to be responsible for any spoilage.

We've seen some good movies lately, too. If you have the chance to see 'Little Miss Sunshine' anytime soon, go. Actually, run. It was the funniest movie I have seen in a very long time. I also went to see "Jackass 2' with Kyle and Danny on Friday. Parts were funny, parts were awful. I really dont need to see grown men pooping.

Oh, I almost forgot, I don't think I updated about this here... The website Mahar Dry Goods has decided to carry 4 of my designs in standard sizes! I loooove that website. The downside? When I expressed absolute joy at my things being on the same site as some of the other amazing things he has on there, he offered to pay me partially in trade. Yikes! Must have self control... must have self control...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home