Sunday, September 17, 2006

Today was a fun day with Nana and Papa. We went to the nature center this morning and looked at all of the animals. Henry ran in the front door yelling that he wanted to see the yak. Yeah, your guess is as good as mine. I have no idea why the yak has suddenly usurped the monkey as "most favorite animal ever" (unless "chicken robot" counts as an animal) and I can't imagine a situation in which Henry will ever get to see one up close and personal. Surely not at the WNC Nature Center, which is more of a bobcat and brown bear type of and establishment. He had fun anyway. We came home and henry tried to take a nap, but was woken up by a stuffy nose that he couldn't shake. I immediately decided that he was super sick and began to resign myself to putting off my day's worth of errands and sweet, sweet alone time I'd ahve tomorrow. As soon as he was upright, he was fine. He even bounced around in the bounce house with McKai this afternoon. Yes, I told Kyle that it might be wise to cancel the bouncing playdate jus in case Henry spread some germies to McKai, but he immediately shot me that "you are such an overprotective mother who worries too much about every little thing" look, so I deferred to his obviously superior knowledge of communicable diseases. But I gave Henry some cough medicine with codeine in it befor bedtime anyway. If he is getting sick, it will help him to stay asleep and get some good rest. Hopefully a good night's rest will make him well enough to go to school tomorrow. We'll have to wait and see. Since the only evidence of sickness has been a 15 minute runny nose keeping him from napping, I guess maybe I should just lighten up.

I'm sleeeeepy.

1 Comments:

Blogger anniebel said...

Those pictures below are cute! Love the pretzel one! I the close up I think Henry looks a bit like Amy! His face seems to be loosing some of the roundness. Such a little boy. Precious!!! Precious!!! Give him a big hug for me!!

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home