Thursday, December 21, 2006

HENRYWATCH 2006 UPDATE:

Well, Henry took his Tamiflu/Tylenol Cold combo last night wihtout too much of a fight. He woke up this morning at 6:30 (his usual time) feeling slightly warm (our thermometer is broken) but not as warm as yesterday-and he was only 99.6 yesterday at the doc. He took his medicine no problem, drank a yogurt and then asked to go outside and play. He isn't acting tired, crabby or sick at all. He still has the cold he's had for the past month, but he doesn't seem any different than before he got his flu positive.

I am going to go to Target and get the new prescription of TamiFlu filled today and I'll pick up one of those fancy ear thermometers (Henry is old enough to throw out the bum thermometer-yay!) so I can keep good track of his temperature. It doesn't look like we are going to be able to use his behavior as a way to guage when he is better (since he isn't acting sick) so I will keep taking his temperature to keep a good check on his progress.

I am hoping that since it seems like such a mild strain and since he is taking heavy duty doses of that Flu killing medicine that everything will just work out as far as Christmas goes. While I completely understand keeping Sam safe (obviously, that's why I took Henry to the doctor yesterday, so we'd know for sure if it was the flu) I am going to be so far beyond bummed if we can't see J and K over Christmas break. It just won't be Christmas. I'm so sucky at the wait and see thing. Bleah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home