Monday, February 26, 2007

Henry and I are down for the count today.

Last night after dinner he announced that it was time for him to go to bed, brushed his teeth and hopped right under the covers. He was coughing and saying that he was cold, so I knew it could go either way. I was up all night with a cough and a nasty sore icky throat. This morning I woke up with rock hard ick from my sinuses all the way down the back of my throat so I decided I wasn't going to school. I went to wake up Henry and he declared that it was "Still sleeping time!". He was burning up. When I left to tell Kyle he was staying home with me, Henry asked me to please close the door on my way out and went back to sleep for another half hour. Poor kid. He got up to pee and was just sniffling and crying. I know how crappy it feels to have a fever, so I get how miserable he is. Right now he is parked in our bed with a bowl of oranges and Wubsy on. He won't let me give him any medicine, so I'm hoping the fever will burn off whatever buggies he is fighting and then break later today. The drywall guys are supposed to come today. I am just going to tell them they'll have to do it some other time. I would actually really like it is she would let Kyle finish the job and take it off the rent. Our house looks so nice now, I don't want them fuputzing it again.

It is supposed to be nice and sunny today, so if Henry takes a nap I might go take some pictures of the house. If I feel up to getting up and around. We had to put our landlord's old abandoned couch out by the curb for trash pick up so we are kind of waiting to see if they actually take it. She insists they will, but neither Kyle nor I think there is a chance. If they don't we are going to offer to either move it out to HER front curb to wait for pick up (which we think will never come) or we will haul it and take a hauling charge off the rent.

I am stuck on a pair of longies until I can get to the yarn store for pink yarn. I was going to drag my sick butt out there today to get it, but there is no way I am subjecting Henry to that. I'll just have to put that pair away and work on something else today. Bleh. Tired. Going back to watch Wubsy in bed with Henry. As he says, "Bye bye, alligator".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home