Monday, February 19, 2007

Well, since Kyle decided to go to bed at 8:45 tonight and the rich red yarn that I need is trapped in the bedroom with him, I have no choice but to give my fingers a break from knitting. Last night I finished my second Mahar order of the month and I am currently in the middle of a pair of monsters-the red being for the big scary red mouth. I started a pair of monkey shorts that is next on the list, but my heart isn't in it. I'll just take a break until I can get my yarn back tomorrow.

Tonight Henry found a quarter on the floor. He picked it up and said "Look, it's George Washington". WHA??? I am guessing that they must have talked about George Washington today because it was President's Day, but still, I was impressed. He also knows who wrote The Cat in the Hat and Where the Wild Things Are. If there is a greater joy that to hear my little beastie utter the words "Maurice Sendak", I don't know what it might be. Well, tonight he talked me into taking a bath with him and we spent a half hour flinging bubbles at each other (the glass doors mean we can splash as much as we want) and that was pretty cool too. I can't wait until it warms up so we can get back out and about running around in the woods together. I have a feeling this is going to be a wonderful Spring.

There are officially 3 weeks left until I am done tutoring. I will literally be counting down the days. I don't know why I hate it so much but I do. I think it is just because it is such an obvious waste of time when I know that I could be doing other things. And the fact that I have no idea what I am doing. Just because I can write fairly well doesn't mean I can teach third graders remedial writing. They don't know the difference between slang and proper language. Some of them don't know what a verb is. How am I supposed to get them up to grade level (with no materials or training) in 25 minutes a week for 5 weeks? The whole thing is ridiculous.

Alright. I am going to bed, too. Maybe tomorrow I won't need 7 cups of coffee to get out of bed...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home