Thursday, February 08, 2007

As you can tell, moving, crazy business, work and Henry have managed to push updating the blog completely off of the priority list. So let's catch up, shall we?

Moving. Moving has been a nightmare, but we are finally feeling that home-y feeling. Henry is feeling especiall home-y right now as he rides his plasma car around and around on the hardwood floors. I like this house the best in the afternoon when I get home from work and the NATURAL LIGHT is streaming in through the windows. Three cheers for natural light! Hiphip HOORAY! hiphip HOORAY! Hiphip HOORAY! We are planning the big ole IKEA trip this weekend and hopefully then we'll have enough furniture to have company over. I have been watching far too much DIY channel for my own good. If I try to make my own desk out of acorns, rhinestones and hot glue.... stop me. I did make a major score of a 75% off rug at World Market the other day. Also, yesterday I got rugs for our bedroom and the drapes for the french doors came today. Now we just need to get the hardware to hand them, since it appears that the former occupant simply stapled her window treatments to the door.

The knitting biz is nutso. Robert opened up for his 3 pairs of pants for the month and was lambasted with orders. He couldn't close fast enough to keep it to 3 and ended up taking 6 orders in an hour by mistake. Oops. It was his first experience with the "hyenas" and I think he was a little taken aback. Understandably. He apologized profusely and offered to extend the turnaround time, but I am still a bit stressed. This means 14 orders need to be completed in this shortened month. My fingers are cramping up just thinking about it. I did find this awesome website, though: Fishcakes
She makes the coolest monster gear. I just placed a big fat order and am going to try to get a wholesale account with her. I'd love to be able to put little monster stickers and buttons in my packages, how fun!

I had to put my bitch face on at work today. I finally reached my breaking part with a certain 3rd grader who I have to deal with every single day at lunch. It has gotten to the point where he is egging on his whole table to be little beasts. Today he exploded a mustard packet all over the place-wall, ceiling, tables, chairs, other kids, you name it. I wrote him a referral (which is printed on easily recognizable bright blue paper) and dragged him all through the halls looking for the principal. She informed me that he will be eating lunch with her for the rest f the year, or until she thinks he's had enough. I think the other assistants are going to throw me a party.

Okay, Ia m being beckoned to wipe a bottom so I have to leave you here.

Before I go I'd like to take just a minute to note the passing of a truly wonderful woman, Jane Smith, my dear friend Sara's mama. She was one strong and lovely woman and I was blessed to have met her. I know she is smiling down on her new little grandson with peace and joy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home