Sunday, December 31, 2006

Whew! Well we are finally home and getting settled back in. The flights were pretty uneventful- except the one time during the first flight that Henry took off his headphones (he was watching Finding Nemo), tunred to me and said "Mommy, Mommy, I want to give you a hug before the plane goes down". Ummmm....what? I am not a huge fan of flying as it is, so I was pretty sure he was having some sort of premonition that we were going to crash any minute. I guess he isn't psychic because we made it with no problems. The second plane was only about half full and the flight was only about a half an hour, so it wasn't bad at all. My biggest concern was trying to keep Henry awake so he wouldn't get a power nap and then not want to go to sleep when we got home. He ended up staying awake until the ride home and he was so tired that he didn't even wake up when we moved him into his bed.

Our visit with Memere and Pepere was wonderful. It was so nice to have everyone staying in the same house, though J and K might say different since they were the ones sleeping on air mattresses in the basement. We just hung out and relaxed and chatted most of the time. Sam is absolutely perfect. It was a little surreal to see my J and K with a baby. We didn't get to see most of the pregnancy so, even though we knew he was in there, it was a shock that there was a whole new person in the family. It is going to be so much fun when he is old enough that he and Henry can kind of play together. My folks spoiled us rotten, so it is going to take a while to adjust to the real world, where I actually have to get my butt off the couch and take care of things once in a while. I'll have to post pictures later, since we didn't actually take any so we have to depend on the kindness of Auntie K and Pepere to send us copies.

Our bags are still stuffed full and sitting in the middle of the kitchen. We got so much stuff for Christmas. I think the belle of the ball was the huge bucket of Tinker Toys. I can't decide who liked them more, though-Henry, J, Kyle or my dad. I think they all spent equal time playing with them.

Fast forward to 10:30pm because I forgot I saved this as a draft. Oops. For some reason Kyle thought that renting the new Miami Vice movie was a good idea. An hour and change later, he is futzing around on ITunes and I can't seem to turn it off. It could possibly be the worst movie I've seen all year. And it is the last day of the year, so that's saying something. Colin Farrell isn't even hot in it, he has this nasty ass moustache thing going on that is just distracting and gross. Pth.

Okay. I should go try to finish this cold pack cozy for Mahar, I was just checking on and saw this saved as a draft.

See you next year!

I'm such a dork.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home