Sunday, January 28, 2007

I just have time to pop in for a quick update before we start our day. Sundays I take henry down to the bakery and he plays and gets his hands all sticky with "rock and roll" (a huge cinnimon roll that Henry re-named) and I drink copious amounts of coffee and do the Sunday crossword. Then...packing. We have been having a hard time getting into the packing groove this time around. I did the big bookcase and... that's about it this time. I ahve been cleaning things out and trying to get rid of a lot of things I don't want to take with us, but we haven't been doing a lot of putting things in boxes quite yet.

I did star to thin the stash. Yup, you read that right, I sold off some fo my yarn yesterday. I sold some old synthetic stuff that I'll never use and some cotton I've had forever. I even sold 8 skeins of my Malabrigo. I know. It hurt a little, but it was all colors I could part with. I still have lots and lots of yummy wool to look at and pet, since it seems I may never actually get a chance to knit it up. I've been thinking of trying to do a couple of knitted/felted cuffs for my next stocking. I feel like knitting something other than pants for a change and those would be super quick.

I worked my extra 2 hours a day last week and... what a waste of time. I think I need to start bringing a book with me. I spend more time waiting around for kids to show up than I do actually teaching the kids. And I get so little time with them that I seriously doubt any of the information will stick. I really wish I could go back and turn the job down. We can definitely use the extra money, but that 2 hours is a big deal as far as getting other things done in my life outside of work and what I'm doing at work seems so completely pointless that it's frustrating. Ah well, it's only 5 more weeks. And it will pay for our IKEA spree.

I have more to ramble on about, but I am being paged. The bakery opens in 15 minutes, so it is time to get out of pjs and get movin'.

Cross your fingers and pray for a snow day tomorrow...

1 Comments:

Blogger Lady Nunn said...

hi sweets. want to thank you once again for the scarf you made mom, it inspired her to make her own for her nurses, and i got to keep a green one. it has kept me warm, happy company in the last few weeks, and it wouldn't have happened if you hadn't started it all with your scarf. thank you, love you, wishing you the best...

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home