Friday, January 05, 2007

Things are in the works around here, I can feel it in the air.

When I was in CT, i got an email from a designer asking me if I could do wholesale for 13 boutiques in the east and west coasts. I finally got around to emailing her back telling her I didn't think I could do that kind of volume and she offered to give me a crash course in manufacturing. We'll see if she actually follows through. Also today, Tyler emailed me a link for a no-fee small business consulting firm in WNC. I am thinking this manufacturing thing might actually be a possibility. I could still do hand knits for people who wanted them on a customs basis, and having an actual brand name might actually mean that I can charge more for the hand knits. I don't know. It's still in the fantasy stages, but it's fun to think about making my first million, lol.

I finally finished my grad school application packet today. I just have to print out my resume and personal letter and we're off to the races. Of course, after I make my first million I won't have to worry about grad school or teaching. Maybe I could teach a little beginning knitting class on the side of my multi-million dollar retail empire just for kicks.

It is supposed ot be nice out this weekend so I am hoping that we can get out and about and hike around Bent Creek a little bit. It seems like we haven't spent any time outside lately. Of course it is raining out right now so it will be a big mud pile, but Henry will love it.

And now I think it is time to hit the hay. I have had a hard time readjusting this week after being spoiled rotton by my loverly parents taking Henry and letting us sleep in all week last week. I plan to catch up on sleep this weekend, with any cooperation from the bean. Last night he woke up at around 2am and called me into his room. When I asked him what was wrong he said "I took my pants off". I pulled back the covers and sure enough, his pants were around his knees. When I asked him why he said he didn't know. Kids are weird.

1 Comments:

Blogger liz said...

hey amy!
that's great news! think you can work me into the deal somehow too? we could use a million or two, just in case.
keep me posted of the latest in manufacturing news!

2:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home