Sunday, January 08, 2006

Henry and I just came in from planting a tree in the back yard with Adrienne. They bought a Christmas tree with a root ball this year, so we thought we'd take advantage of the almost 60 degree day and get it into the ground. It was fun! Henry had a blast playing in the dirt (I wish I brought my camera out, but we were all dirty-handed anyway) and we're hoping that we will be able to drive by in 30 years and see a nice big spruce in the yard! I want to take Henry for a little hike at Bent Creek, but I think that would be a bad idea given the close proximity to naptime. Maybe later this afternoon.

In other news, it looks like the potty wars have begun. Henry is throwing a complete fit every time his diaper needs to be changed, including whilst perched atop one of those flimsy little plastic shelf changing tables in public restrooms. Fun! He also refuses to sit on the potty. Yesterday, after wrestling him out of his diaper, I let him walkaround nekkid for a little while. He went into the bathroom and peed on the floor in front of the potty. You might think that was annoying, but we were actually super excited. The fact that he knew he was going to pee and went into the bathroom is awesome. Now I just wish he would sit on the damn potty so we can get started with the positive reenforcement. That is the one drawback of positive parenting. You have to wait for the positive thing to happen before you reenforce it. He's actually in the bathroom right now with just a diaper on. I am trying to give him a little privacy. I ahve no way of knowing if he is sitting on the potty or eating the soap. I guess we'll see when he comes out. We read "Everyone Poops" last night before bed and he seemed to be into it. I guess we just have to wait wait wait for him to be ready lest we scar him for life.

Okay, I'm going to venture into the bathroom to examine what damage has been done. Cross your fingers...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home