Thursday, August 17, 2006

EDITED: Wow, I really managed to screw up the formatting in this post so that the pictures are plopped right into the middle of everything. I don't know how to fix it without ahving to re-upload everything so just pretend it looks right :)


*yawn*

Good morning. Last night was the first night since sending Henry to school has become real to me that I actually slept. I got suddenly tired at about 10:30 and ran off to bed before the feeling passed. I even went to bed in the middle of an episode of The Wire since Season 3 came out yesterday. You know I'm tired when I can't stay awake for that! I woke up at about 7:15 and got out of bed before Henry. That, my friends, is a rare thing. I thought I'd come post a few of the pictures Liz took yesterday.





and of course...


As you can see, Henry and Ms. Adella had a very busy day yesterday. Playing with blocks, playing in the kitchen, coloring, scary monster dancing...it all gets very tiring. Which is why in the car on the way home, Henry insisted "I don't want a little rest! I had enough rest! I don't need a nap". *thunk* Dead silence as he fell fast asleep in the middle of rallying against napping. I think I love that kid.

He has gotten way into The Cat in the Hat. Last night as I was putting him to bed I rejoiced when I found that we also had The Cat in the Hat Comes Back. "Yay!", I said to myself. "I can read something different tonight!". Sure enough, as soon as the words "The End" came out of my mouth, Henry insisted that I follow it up with its prequel. Do you remember how long The Cat in the Hat is? Long. He is also quite enamoured with A Wocket in My Pocket which we read every time he sits on the potty. Sometimes I think he fakes having to go just so he can hear it. I think I am going to try to break into the other Suess in the stack tonight. He seems to enjoy books with very rythmic language, like Suess and The Little Fish Lost book, which doesn't rhyme, but has a very nice interesting rythm to it. I hope he is a book lover.

Today is full, once again.

We have a potluck playgroup at 11, which I still need to find some food for. I guess I will make a trip down to Earth Fair and get my customary ships and hommos. I got measurements for my last pair of longies, so I need to work on those while the bean (hopefully) naps this afternoon. I have also decided that I am going to do a clearance sale on my Hyena Cart. I have a bag full of things just sitting here, either from the beginning of summer-like the batik shirts and a couple of pairs of shorts, and some things I've had leftover from last winter. I'm going to do a sort of end of summer, get ready for winter type dealie-o. I need to take and upload pictures of everything, which needs to be done at nap as well. Unfortunately, it looks like it is going to be a grey day, so natural light might be hard to come by. I need to call Dr. Rob's office and see when they close. I am hoping that I can leave for the Wee Trade a little early and swing by to pick up that medical form. Then Wee Trade, where I will find all of the cute and practical 3T blys' clothing before anyone else. Ha! There will be 700 racks of girls' stuff and the mothers of boys will all be trying to elbow each other in the face over the 12 boys' items, as per usual. I kind of don't even care if I find a lot of good stuff (although it would be better if I did, of course). I just want the sale to be over so I can look at Henry's wardrobe and see what he still needs so I can get it before school starts.

I called a temp agency yesterday and they said I just have to come down for about a half hour to fill out paperwork and whatnot. I think I am going to take Monday and Tuesday completely off next week to tie up loose ends and get the house in order (and do co-op and see my friends for one last daytime *sniff sniff*) before plunging into the job hunt on Wednesday. Goodness knows I could use a couple of Henry-free days to myself in the house to do a major clean up in here.

I tried to call my mama yesterday, to tell her about my productive day, and the phone at my folks' house wasn't working. It was out of service or something. It suprized me how much it bothered me that I coudln't get ahold of her when I wanted to. I crossed a lot of things off of my list yesterday, including a big one (sending off my grad school application) but it was like the stress surrounding those things was still hanging around because I couldn't talk to her about it. I didn't like not being able to talk to her, but it made me feel kind of good to know that even 30 year olds still need their mama. See? Henry won't forget about me after all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home